People live their lives waiting for miracles to happen. What we often miss are the everyday miracles around us. We had a beautiful rainy day today in Dubai and I noticed the beautiful flowers enjoying the crisp winter air. As I was sipping my morning cup of coffee I reflected on the flowers in my garden and here is a bouquet of inspirations and lessons to reflect:
1. Life is short. Keep it blooming while it lasts!
2. Be useful- You always serve a purpose. Besides playing an integral part in the food chain flowers adorn our lives with inspiration, vibrancy and colour. What your story?
3. Every flower leaves behind a seed for the next generation to live. What will be your legacy?
4. There will always be a space for you to thrive. Even the busiest of bushes find a place for their flowers to bloom. There will always be a way, find yours…
5. No matter how beautiful or resplendent you are, you will wilt one day. Be humble!
6. With the right attitude, any crap (manure) can be miraculously transformed into an object of beauty. Just like flowers we have that ability to create wonderful opportunities out of every adverse situation. In fact the more manure you add to the plants the better they flower. Enjoy the challenges!
7. Diversity is the key. The hallmark of any beautiful garden is the diversity of flora. Our teams at work are no different. The more diverse we are, the more interesting can be the outcomes! We need to develop the ability to nurture this diversity.
8. Behind every beautiful flower is a successful team. Every flower is a product of a seed that grew roots, stems and leaves to support an abundant bloom. So if you think you are a flower then be grateful to the people around you who have made you one! Always be grateful.
The lessons can be endless! Flowers are a metaphorical expression of how we can lead our lives. Keep blooming, become the miracle that you can be!